Copyright © HT Media Limited
All rights reserved.
If you have Rs. 2 lakhs to spend on a smartphone, what should you buy? Actually, you get either the Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max, or the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, and both of them could save you some change to spend on their accessories, and maybe your first year of network rental services. Lesser choices up here where the air is thin, but out of these, which one should be your pick? Should you settle for the conventional but trendy iPhone 14 Pro Max, or the future is foldable for you as well?
I have used the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 and I haven’t been as impressed with any smartphone ever since. The Fold 4 changes the dynamics by which a smartphone is judged, and its large foldable display elevates the user experience to another dimension. But not everyone likes a foldable phone and for them, the Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max is the best one they can buy for such a premium.
Hence, if you are confused between these two, here’s a brief guide to help you out.
– You don’t have to adjust. The iPhone remains loyal to the conventional form factor.
– Durability is where the iPhone exceeds. The stainless steel frame is more robust and the IP68 rating assures protection from moisture, water and dust.
– You get to experience the fun new Dynamic Island – a simple trick to hide the camera cutouts and enhance the productivity at the same time.
– The cameras on the iPhone are more capable. Nothing beats it at video recording, and even for still photos, the iPhone 14 Pro Max takes brighter and more detailed photos. At night, the image quality has vastly improved.
– Battery life is still unmatched on the Pro Max. The Fold 4 cannot deliver a day and a half’s battery life – the iPhone 14 Pro Max easily can. You will need to turn off the Always On display to achieve this.
– You become a part of the supremely connected Apple ecosystem.
– It is a foldable phone! Foldables are simply cool to flaunt!.Not all phones fold out into a tablet.
– The viewing experience on its 7.6-inch Main Display is unmatched. Everything looks bright, vivid and alive. The 120Hz refresh rate keeps animations and scrolling smooth, and the 4MP video call camera hides under the display when not in use.
– Samsung’s One UI 4 interface offers a desktop class experience on the move. You get a Taskbar to aid with multitasking. You can run multiple apps simultaneously on the display. When folded half, the OS adjusts window sizes accordingly and opens up the Flex Mode tools.
– When you don’t need a tablet-sized display, the 6.2-inch Cover display lets you do all core smartphone functions without unfolding the display.
– Like the iPhone, the Fold 4 offers top-notch performance with its Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chip. Hence, there’s no dearth of raw performance to exploit.
– If you love slightly touched up photos, the 50MP + 12MP + 10MP rear camera setup will keep you happy. It is versatile with its three focal lengths, and it can even do good enough video recording.
– Despite a hinge and moving parts, the Galaxy Z Fold 4 can keep itself safe from water and moisture. The Cover Display also gets Gorilla Glass Victus+ protection.
Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews , also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Google News, and Instagram. For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Synopsys and Samsung Foundry Enable 3nm Process Technology for Power- and Performance-Demanding Mobile, HPC and AI Designs – Design and Reuse
ARINC664 Switch IP CoreHEVC/H.265 + AVC/H.264 Codec IP Single-CORE for 4Kp606-bit, 500 MSPS High Performance ADC in 28nm CMOSeDP1.4 RX IP PHYCredo Introduces Screaming Eagle