2 TB microSD cards: many mobiles support them but nobody can buy them, why? | Technology – Central Valley Business Journal

In January 2009, the SDXC specification was passed allowing MicroSD cards to reach 2 TB of storage, a hypothetical maximum at the time. Now, 12 years later, we still don’t see them.
Some believe that microSD cards are numbered in the world of mobile phones, if they are not already dead. And this is bad news for that market since, historically, smartphones have been its best customers.
For example, when Samsung introduced the Galaxy S21 series earlier this year without support for MicroSD cards, many certified the end of such cards, because if one of the largest manufacturers of SD cards does not support them in their phones, what future can it be? to give?
Luckily for them, they don’t just live off smartphones. As the SD Association recalls, MicroSD has a bright future in all of these markets.: action cameras, drones, car multimedia systems, portable consoles, surveillance camera systems, virtual reality headsets, etc.
Despite this bright future predicted by those responsible for card storage technology, the reality is that large-capacity MicroSDs are barely out. For example, 1TB cards represent only 0.3% of the world’s memory card demand.
Which means that if 1TB cards represent only 0.3% of the demand the remaining 99.7% of the market is satisfied with cards of 512GB or less.
This USB pendrive has 16GB of storage. It is one of the most basic units, something that explains its price, which remains below € 5.
In this scenario, it is normal for manufacturers to focus only on capabilities that do have an outlet. If the terabyte only accounts for 0.3% of sales, What percentage would the 2 TB cards have? Practically zero.
Also, as explained in Android Authority the cost would probably be outrageously high. If higher-quality 1TB microSD cards cost $ 400, a 2TB version of the same card would cost $ 600 or more.
In this guide we show you the types of SSD, formats and compatibility that you should take into account to expand the capacity of your devices.
According to the American media, MicroSD manufacturing companies when it comes to selling large capacity cards prefer that customers directly choose large capacity SSD drives, which are cheaper and have much more outlet on the market.
In short, 2TB microSD cards do not exist because nobody asks for them. It’s that simple.
Intel is about to launch its 12th generation, the so-called Alder Lake, and if everything is confirmed we can say…
Messages, emails, calls to sell you something, etc. All that is Spam and if you want to forget about it,…
In this article, ComputerHoy could receive a commission for your purchases. More information. Samsung sells one of the best smartwatches…
It is clear that Bitcoin is not going to touch the estimated price of $ 100,000 this year. At the…
Copyright © 2017 JNews.
Copyright © 2017 JNews.

source

Share:

More Posts

Market Research

Pulse Surveys

Turn feedback into action

Our survey platform makes it easy to measure and understand feedback so you can drive growth and innovation

Pulse Handshak

Pulse Handshak

Collaborative online survey tool for the market research industry. Remote assisted surveying just like face-to-face interviews. Here interviewers can talk to the respondent over the web-console without the need for any other communication channel and share the same Q're with responses and click actions.

Pulse FE

Pulse FE

Pulse Field Expert or Pulse FE is the main platform for both offline and online survey at softofficepro.com. It is robust and used by hundreds of clients over tens of years with millions of responses. Do it once Q're and deploy on both offline devices (android) and online forms makes it a great cost effective platform for any kind of responses

Pulse Ultimate

Pulse Ultimate

Pulse Ultimate is targeted for tracking studies and retail audits. An offline survey system offering extreme field control including processes like data quality check, back-check, rework, comparison with previous wave data etc. helps to get the best results on a day-to-day basis

Pulse LS

Pulse LS

Use a managed Limesurvey and our expertise for creating complex forms and token based user management. Use optional mailing system to send survey invitation to each participant and track progress of the response status. Industry standard SPSS / R output supported